Why at all, do we need a rich nutritious food?
...Our body requires energy basically for three levels of functions.
Firstly, to keep cellular metabolism and organ function in homeostasis, which is known as basic metabolic function (BMR); that means we all need nutrition first to keep our fundamental physiologic functions like heat production, blood circulation, respiration, digestive function, etc.
Secondly, to work, that is energy spent during physical activity.
And thirdly, some extra reserves to offbeat emergency situations like fasting, sickness, etc. American food and nutrition board has recommended that the nutrition requirements for all individuals, what is known as recommended daily allowance or RDA. RDA is levels of intake of essential nutrients, based upon scientific knowledge, adequate to meet the known nutrient needs of all healthy persons.
United States department of Health and Human services recommend the following food nutrition and dietary guidelines.
1. Limit the intake of saturated fat, cholesterol, added sugars, salt, and alcohol.
2. Balance calories from food and beverages for calories expended.
3. Engage in regular physical activity for at least 30-60 minutes, five days a week.
5. Consume at least half of the daily grains as whole grains.
6. Consume three cups per day of low fat-milk or milk products.
7. Consume less than 10% of calories as saturated fat, less than 300 mg/day of cholesterol, and as little trans-fatty acids as possible.
8. Consume plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains that are rich in fiber.
9. Use little added sugars or sweeteners.
10. Restrict sodium to less than 2300 mg per day.
11. Use alcohol sensibly and in moderation.
12. Prepare food safely.
...Also read the information on:
<< Back to Home page from Food Nutrition page.
Visit here for very informative pages on:-