Welcome to nutrition facts in the food
do we really need to understand the nutrition facts of the food we
Today millions of people around the world puzzled
to understand the
right nutrition for them. Even though there is abundance of cheap,
healthy food items available for us, somehow the link between good
food and health has been missing. Partly, this is because of the lack
of clear information regarding, what to eat? Moreover, how you eat?
you ever wondered how
quite a number of Okinawa
Island people able to live more than 100
years of disease-free life? However, it is the proven scientific fact!
The secret of their highest life expectancy is because of their
incredible knowledge of nutritional facts about the food they eat.
People from this tiny Japanese island eat a nutrient rich, low-calorie
diet (a diet averaging not more than one calorie/g) that is composed of
low fat, less sugar, and small quantity of fish but lots of
green/orange/yellow (GOY) vegetables and fruits.
Of course! The right
is your right kind of workout!
studies have shown
that the kind of food we consume at early
stages of life sets in the metabolism pace of our body for the rest of
our life. Therefore, the benefits of eating right at early years will
greater and long lasting.
health, and wellness are intricately inter-linked.
Aberrations in our nutrition tend to influence significantly on our
Gradually, but unfortunately, our eating habits have changed in a
significant way from their usual, natural pattern. Each passing day,
various hazardous agents enter our body through our diet.
industry uses many preservatives, artificial colorants, additives, and
chemicals in order to enhance the appearance, flavor, and shelf life of
food we eat. However, these compounds ultimately end up accumulating in
our body only to show their deleterious effects in the form of
diseases, cancers, and genetic malformations in the newborns, etc.
It is, therefore, important to understand the nutritional requirements
of our body. All of us are curious about finding out, what is a
well-balanced diet in order to stay healthy and to enjoy productive
life? Certain level of knowledge about the food science is necessary
regarding food items' nutrition value, their anti-oxidant strength,
storage quality, processing methods and consumption. Every effort
should be made to have all the nutrients in right
quantities, proportion, hygienic and free from harmful germs
Feel free to contact
with any comments or suggestions, or if you would like to share
nutrition facts information on this site.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
of contents -
here for interesting nutrition information pages.
- Welcome to Nutrition facts blog
- The Nutrition facts blog keeps you up-dated with all additions and changes to the www.nutrition-and-you.com site. Subscribe here...
- Fruit nutrition facts and the health benefits of fruits
- In-depth information about fruit nutrition facts with illustrations of anti-oxidant value, health benefits of each fruit...Read on.
- Vegetable nutrition facts and the health benefits of vegetables
- Here is the complete information about vegetable nutrition facts with an impressive list along with detailed illustrations of health benefits of each of vegetables...Read on.
- Nuts nutrition facts and the health benefits of nuts
- Nuts are rich source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and dietary fiber. Here is the detailed information about nuts nutrition facts with illustrations of health benefits of nuts...Read on.
- Healthy herbs nutrition facts and the health benefits of
- Detail information about healthy herbs along with their unique antioxidant properties, essential oils, vitamins and the potential health benefits...
- Healthy spices nutrition facts and the health benefits
- Detailed information about healthy spices nutrition facts along with illustrations of their health benefits, culinary, and medicinal uses...Read on.
- Coconut water nutrition facts and health benefits
- Coconut water is a very refreshing health drink to beat tropical summer thirst. There are increasing scientific evidence suggesting its role in health and medicinal applications...Read on.
- Health, diet and Nutrition articles
- Read about health and nutrition articles brought to you with the latest research data and updates in food and nutrition science. We discuss in detail to any of your questions about nutrition facts in the food items, food-safety norms and the role of diet in disease promotion and prevention...
- About us at www.nutrition-and-you.com
- Nutrition, health and wellness are intricately inter linked. Aberrations in our nutrition tend to significantly influence our health and well-being...
- We recognize that your privacy is important. This document outlines the types of personal information we receive and collect when you use...
- Body mass index - Calculate your BMI
- Body mass index correlates well with excess body weight and diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke, cancers. Read more...
- Contact Us-www.nutrition-and-you.com
- Nutrition-and-you.com provides this website as a service. Please feel to contact us for any further information..
- Okinawa diet plan and benefits of eating less...
- The Okinawa diet is an anti-oxidant rich, calorie-restricted diet originally followed by indigenous people of the Okinawa Islands in Japan. Read more about the longevity secrets of healthy Okinawa's.
- Nutrition facts search at www.nutrition-and-you.com
- Welcome to nutrition facts search page. Find out more about the nutrition
information facts, health benefits of your favorite fruits, vegetables,
nuts, healthy herbs, healthy herbs...and
- Dietary fats and oils
- Dietary fats and oils are the most concentrated form of energy as they yield as much as 9 calories/g. Besides, they are prime sources of essential fatty acids, vitamin E, and acts as a transport vehicle for fat-soluble vitamins...Read on.